Addison United Coaching Information
- AUSC & VSA Contact Information
- Injuries & Concussions
- Weather Guidance
- AUSC Player Development Program
- Game Information
- Home Field Locations 2022
AUSC & VSA Contact Information
Parent or player issues
Please contact the AUSC Director of Coaching account ASAP email@example.com
The AUSC Club Secretary will get you in touch with the appropriate coordinator as soon as possible.
If you need equipment or have a field maintenance issue, please notify David Croke, AUSC Equipment Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Injuries & Concussions
Outdoor activity must be suspended when lightning is a maximum of six miles away. This is because lightning can strike up to six miles from the base of thunderstorms.
Follow the 30/30 Rule. Count the “flash-to-bang time.” If lightning is 30 seconds away, it is too close, and do not resume play for 30 minutes from the last seen flash or last heard thunder.
Please see the VSA Coaches Guide linked above for complete details.
Heat & Other Weather
AUSC staff will notify coaches when extreme weather conditions are expected, but please monitor your local conditions and follow VSA and US Soccer guidance on practice times during hot weather. Vermont is Cat 1.
AUSC Player Development Program
- Click Here to access the 2022 AUSC Coaches Technical Development Materials
- US Youth Soccer session plan template & example session
2023 Update: The VSA is not issuing physical player passes this year. You will need to present referees with a current roster (See printing match sheets below)
Match Sheets / Rosters
Coaches are required to present passes and a copy of the team roster to the referee at the start of a match.
How to get a PDF match sheet/roster:
- Go to your GotSport Dashboard: https://system.gotsport.com/
- Click on Team Management from the top menu
- Select your team from the list in the middle (if more than one)
- In new pop-up, click Team Registration from the top menu
- From the list select ‘Vermont Soccer League Spring 2022’
- Click Schedule from the top menu
- Click the Rosters button to the right of the match you wish to view
- Click ‘Match Card’ in the top right corner OR click ‘Photo Match Card’ but note this will not list your referees
Club Passing Players
We are a small community and many of our soccer players are multi-sport athletes. To protect the health of our athletes, it is important that you try to have at least 3 subs for each game, so you do not run the risk of overuse especially if your players are carrying any kind of minor injury.
You can get players from other teams to Club Pass to your roster for games.
- Club pass players can play within their age or the age group immediately above
- U10 and U12 teams may Club Pass up to 3 club players
- U14 thru U19 teams may Club Pass up to 4 club players
The process to club pass players is:
- Requesting Coach A will reach out to Coach B from our club team in the same division, or one division below, do not reach out to the parents.
- Coach A will specify the need i.e. positional, skill, strength, etc.
- Coach B will decide which player they should offer the opportunity to
- Coach A will contact email@example.com CCing Coach B by midnight three days before game day (e.g., Thursday at midnight before a Sunday game) to confirm the players they need to add
- A coaching committee member will confirm when done, and send Coach A an updated matchday roster PDF to print to present to their referee
Schedule Changes & Rescheduling Process
VSA league acceptable game rescheduling reasons:
- ‘Unplayable’ field conditions
Requires 24 hours advance notice to opposing coach, club, and the VSA. Only referees may cancel a game on the day of competition due to field conditions.
- State Cup game conflicts
Requires 7 days advance notice to opposing coach, club, and VSA.
- Absence of a referee if both coaches don’t agree to an acceptable referee substitute, please also notify the club of any referee no-shows so we can inform the VSA.
AUSC club contact email for all rescheduling: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your team would like to participate in any additional tournaments, please work with the Tournament Coordinator, Josh Romond email@example.com
Home Field Locations 2023 (WIP)
- U8 Girls & Boys — Morse Park, Monkton
- U10 Girls & Boys — Ferrisburgh Central School, Back
- U12 Girls — Morse Park, Monkton
- U12 Boys Green — Morse Park, Monkton
- U12 Boys White — Ferrisburgh Central School, Front
- U14 Girls — Morse Park, Monkton
- U14 Boys — Morse Park, Monkton
- U16 & 19 Boys & Girls — Vergennes Union High School
Vermont Soccer Association (VSA) Links
- VSA Policies
- Rules and Policies
- Player Development Initiatives
- Coaches Courses
- Background Checks, Heads Up Training, & SafeSport
- Recognize to Recover
- Small-Sided Games Resources
- Digital Coaching Center