Join the Addison United Soccer Club Board of Directors! We have an immediate opening for Treasurer.
The Treasurer shall receive, disburse, and account for all funds of AUSC which shall be kept in a bank designated by the Officers.
Responsible for directing the organization’s budget, financial planning, supervising cash management activities, and payment processing. The Treasurer shall receive, disburse, and account for all funds of AUSC which shall be kept in a bank designated by the Officers.
- Manage cash portfolio. Handle receipt, disbursement, and banking.
- Manage payment processing, account collections, credit extensions, and fraud prevention functions.
- Maintain positive banking relationships.
- Manage bookkeeping and record keeping. Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation.
- Prepare and interpret financial reports.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational needs.
- Develop an annual budget and create long-term projections based on needs and upcoming projects.
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to track and manage funding.
- Oversee the budgeting of costs and cost management. Forecast for future financial decisions and sources and uses of cash.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and tax codes.
- Act as an information and reference point for the board.
The time required varies. It’s definitely a year-round position, but the treasurer is most busy in the fall and winter (collecting overdue registration payments, filing AU’s taxes, etc.). The board meets monthly, which requires preparation of a financial report – but it’s the same report used to balance the checkbook, so as long as the finances are up to date, the report doesn’t take long to compile.
Also, the Board believes it’s essential for the person in this position to be a stickler for adhering to AU’s established policies. Fairness and documentation are of utmost importance, especially since there’s money involved.
We appreciate you expressing an interest.