Coaches, keep this webpage in mind as a source of information, which is intended to provide helpful directions to AUSC guidelines, VSA policies, and current topics for coaching.
For any parent or player issue, please contact Chris George, the Directors of Coaching & Training: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
***Always CC your email communications with parents or players to Sandra Lee, Vice President/Parent Liaison: email@example.com, and Chris George, the Directors of Coaching & Training: firstname.lastname@example.org
AUSC Contact & Info sheet: ADDISON UNITED SOCCER CLUB CONTACTS
If you need equipment or have a field maintenance issue, please notify Chris George, the Directors of Coaching & Training: email@example.com
VSA/VSL Key Dates: http://www.vermontsoccer.org/key_dates/
- Tournaments scheduling: Chris George (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Game and Field scheduling: Chris George (email@example.com)
The scheduling process is this: Contact: Chris George, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify and make Chris George aware of any conflicts.
- Chris will coordinate with you and the other team and agree on the new game time/date.
- Chris will contact the VSA with the change.
Tournament Info for 2019: 2019 Tournaments If your team would like to participate in any additional tournaments, please work with Chris George.
Game cancelation: Contact: Chris George, email@example.com
Please follow this protocol when canceling games due to weather/field conditions:
- Work with Chris on any weather/field related issues that might require cancellation/rescheduling.
- At Chris’s direction, contact your players & families. Chris will handle contacting the opposing team & VSA.
- Chris will work with you and the opposing coach to identify a suitable reschedule date. Be sure the home field is available by checking here: http://events.gotsport.com/events/fields.aspx?EventID=70871&FieldID=
- Once we are able to settle on a date/time/field Chris will notify VSA. The following are the official VSL rules regarding game cancellation:
The following are the official VSL rules regarding game cancellation:
Up to 24 hours ahead of time, Club Coordinators can cancel games due to Weather/Field Conditions. If a field is deemed unplayable (flooded/dangerous) the DAY BEFORE the match, the HOME Club Coordinator must have confirmed contact with the visiting coach and the visiting Club Coordinator. They must contact the VSA Office as well.
Inside of 24 hrs.”Game Day”: Only the officials can cancel or delay the game due to weather or field conditions.
VSA Guidelines and Policies:
Vermont Soccer Leagues Coaches Guide: Coaches Guide
Skills School Information for our coaches of U14’s and down, from the US Youth Soccer Site.
Player Development Curriculum-
We will be aligning ourselves with the US Soccer Player development curriculum and best practices guidelines. We now have a “player development pathway” for our players from U8 all the way through U18.
This is a ten-year “process” that occurs as players go through Addison United.
The US Soccer Curriculum provides age-appropriate content and methodology guidelines for clubs that optimize player and team development at each critical age in the youth player life cycle. As a club, we are committed to this long term process.
For coaches looking for more information about U.S. Youth Soccer, visit https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/coaching-resources/
Welcome to U.S. Soccer’s Digital Coaching Center (DCC), a state-of-the art online educational platform: The U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more. https://dcc.ussoccer.com/
Referee information: http://www.vermontsoccer.org/referee_information/